It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:48 pm

Welcome
Welcome to vbcf

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: 1930s Cars
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:32 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Have thanks: 48 time
One of the essential items for British streets of the 1930s that no one seems to make close enough to 28mm scale is ordinary British family cars. I've been chatting about this to a friend who produces 28mm vehicles (see his website Mad Bob Miniatures). With Warlord generating interest in Operation Sealion, this seems to be the right time to release such a vehicle. What would be the take-up be here if I could persuade Bob to produce an Austin Seven or Morris Eight?
Bullshott has been thanked by:

Post subject: Re: 1930s Cars
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:54 pm 
Private
Private

Have thanks: 9 time
I'd be up for a couple.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:24 pm 
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Have thanks: 106 time
I'd be interested in a Morris 8

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:20 am 
Major
Major

Have thanks: 244 time
I'd be interested in one or two.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:28 pm 
Captain
Captain

Have thanks: 209 time
Two for me please.
:beer

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:05 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Have thanks: 271 time
I would be up for it but couldn't possibly add to the lead/plastic/resin mountain at the moment. It's a great initiative and should do really well if Warlord don't release something equivalent.

Or come over to Facebook and share your painting, project and game photos there!

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:32 am 
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Have thanks: 921 time
Highscores: 3
I'll be up for a couple too

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:43 pm 
Recruit

Have thanks: 0 time
Wrong scale for me.
But for something suitable for multiple settings might be an easier persuade (because the manufacturer needs to get viable return out of the cost of mastering, tooling, etc) I would suggest a Ford and a Fiat Ford I know the Austin 7 was made in Germany as the BMW Dixie but I don't see any use of it in a military context beyond its use as mocked up tanks in the early 30's in Germany ( a few famous photos of these are about (eg Here http://warisboring.com/nazi-germanys-pa ... t-made-it/ )

The Ford model A and B were made just about everywhere and both were made in Germany, France and the UK (as well as Japan, South America and even that well know producer of cars, Denmark!). I think the Model A is the better choice even though production ended in 1932, it just has that 1930's look and would suit as an older vehicle for those hung up on accuracy. It was also the basis of the Russian Gaz (both the well known and modelled truck, and the staff car) though the AA truck (and the Gaz AA) was built on a more substantial chassis (and so sits higher than the saloon version).

Also there is the Fiat 518 which would be an excellent choice. This was also built by Simca in France and in Poland and used by those 3 armed forces in light truck and passenger car versions. Several smaller central European powers such as the Hungarians imported them (and used them in their armies). Also there is the large number the Germans used many after capture in 1939/40. I could see that fitting well in his roster of vehicles he is currently producing.

Saloon and panel van versions of those two could appeal to buyers as civilian vehicles as well as staff cars and supporting vehicles for other interwar/WW2 settings with ease.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:16 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Have thanks: 12 time
Hi did this happen?